73rd Ordnance Battalion
The 73rd Ordnance Battalion was originally constituted on 18 October 1927 in the regular army as the 13th Motor Transport Command, redesignated on 1 May 1936 as headquarters and Regiment; redesignated on 1 June 1940 as headquarters and headquarters detachment, 73rd Quartermaster Battalion and later activated on 9 June 1941 at Fort Lewis, WA.
Redesignated on 1 April 1942 as headquarters and headquarters detachment, 73rd Quartermaster Medium Maintenance Battalion, converted and redesignated on 1 August 1942 as headquarters and headquarters detachment, 73rd Ordnance Medium Maintenance Battalion.
The unit reactivated on 15 December 1948 in Germany and redesignated on 23 December 1948 as headquarter and headquarter company, 73rd Armored Ordnance Maintenance Battalion, inactivated on 20 July 1950 in Germany, redesignated on 14th February 1957 as the 73rd Ordnance Battalion, reactivated on 1 March, 1957 at Fort Hood, Texas, inactivated on 25 August 1961 at Fort Carson, Colorado. Headquarters was transferred on 31 October 1986 to the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command and organized at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, inactivated on 6 June 1990 at Redstone Arsenal Alabama.
The 73rd Ordnance Battalion activated on 1 October 1994 at Fort Gordon, Georgia. The 73rd Ordnance Battalion was re-stationed on 6 March 2014 at Eglin Aft, Florida.
The Official Website of the U.S. Army 73rd Ordnance Battalion, Eglin AFB, Florida
Last updated 18-Aug-2021