832nd Ordnance Battalion
The 832nd Ordnance Battalion was organized 1 May 1918 at Camp Hancock, Georgia, as the 3rd Heavy Mobile Ordnance Repair Shop. It demobilized on 15 May 1919 at Camp Custer, Michigan and was reconstituted on 30 June 1931 in the Regular Army; concurrently consolidated with the 32d Ordnance Company and designated as the 32nd Ordnance Company.
The 32nd Ordnance Company was inactivated 16 November 1931 at Fort Estes, Virginia and reactivated on 16 June 1941 at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. The company was later reorganized and re-designated on 5 September 1942 as the 32nd Ordnance Medium Maintenance Company.
After being inactivated on 15 November 1945 at Camp Coke, California, it was re-designated on 15 March 1949 as the 32d Ordnance Maintenance Company and activated 1 April 1949 in Austria. On 9 March 1953 the unit was reorganized and re-designated as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 832d Ordnance Battalion.
The battalion was inactivated 10 March 1954 in Austria. It was then activated (less company B) on 1 August 1955 at Sandia Base, New Mexico. Company B was later activated on 12 January 1956 at Fort Bliss, Texas. Then on 5 December 1958 the battalion was inactivated at Fort Bliss, Texas. On 31 October 1986, the headquarters was activated and transferred under the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command and organized at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. On June 9 2011 the battalion colors were cased at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama in preparation for the uncasing of the battalion colors on July 26 2011 at Fort Lee, Virginia.
The Official Website of the U.S. Army 832nd Ordnance Battalion, Fort Lee, Virginia
Last updated 18-Aug-2021