832nd Ordnance Battalion

832nd Ordnance Battalion

832nd Ordnance Battalion Entrance

MISSION STATEMENT

832D Ordnance Battalion trains, educates, and develops Ordnance professionals capable of providing comprehensive readiness solutions across the institutional, operational, and self-development domains in order to continually build and preserve Army readiness

VISION STATEMENT

A team of professionals promoting camaraderie and teamwork to accomplish mission requirements and success in a timely manner. Committed to providing the best trained Ordnance Soldiers to the United States Operational Army.

832ND INSIGNIA

832nd Ordnance Battalion Insignia The colors crimson and yellow (gold) are the colors used for the Ordnance Corps.¬†The five-tongued flame represents the Unit’s battle honors awarded for service in France and Central Europe during World War II, the location of which is denoted by the Fleur-de-lis.

History

The 832nd Ordnance Battalion was organized 1 May 1918 at Camp Hancock, Georgia, as the 3rd Heavy Mobile Ordnance Repair Shop. It demobilized on 15 May 1919 at Camp Custer, Michigan and was reconstituted on 30 June 1931 in the Regular Army; concurrently consolidated with the 32d Ordnance Company and designated as the 32nd Ordnance Company.

The 32nd Ordnance Company was inactivated 16 November 1931 at Fort Estes, Virginia and reactivated on 16 June 1941 at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. The company was later reorganized and re-designated on 5 September 1942 as the 32nd Ordnance Medium Maintenance Company.

After being inactivated on 15 November 1945 at Camp Coke, California, it was re-designated on 15 March 1949 as the 32d Ordnance Maintenance Company and activated 1 April 1949 in Austria. On 9 March 1953 the unit was reorganized and re-designated as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 832d Ordnance Battalion.

The battalion was inactivated 10 March 1954 in Austria. It was then activated (less company B) on 1 August 1955 at Sandia Base, New Mexico. Company B was later activated on 12 January 1956 at Fort Bliss, Texas. Then on 5 December 1958 the battalion was inactivated at Fort Bliss, Texas. On 31 October 1986, the headquarters was activated and transferred under the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command and organized at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. On June 9 2011 the battalion colors were cased at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama in preparation for the uncasing of the battalion colors on July 26 2011 at Fort Lee, Virginia.

Social Media

832nd Ordnance Battalion - Facebook   |   832nd Ordnance Battalion - Twitter
832nd Ordnance Battalion - Instagram

The Official Website of the U.S. Army 832nd Ordnance Battalion, Fort Lee, Virginia

 

 

Last updated 19-Nov-2021