Explosive Ordnance (EOD)
Team of the Year (ToY)
The EOD ToY assembles elite members of the Army's EOD community to train, employ and assess current tactics, techniques and procedures being employed on today's operational battlefield.
Participants are assessed on fitness, technical and tactical skills and response capabilities.
Teams will be scored on the following categories:
- Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT)
- Foot March
- Weapons Proficiency
- EOD Skills and Proficiency
- Full Spectrum Daytime EOD Operations
- Ordnance Identification
- Dismounted/Mounted EOD Operations
Six teams will be selected to participate in this year's event; the teams will be sourced as follows:
- FORSCOM (3 Teams)
- USAREUR (1 Team)
- USARPAC (1 Team)
- Army National Guard (1 Team)
Additional Participant Requirements:
- Teams must consist of 2 members: a certified team leader and a team member. Team members are ineligible if they have ever been team leader certified.
- Participants are restricted to the ranks PV1-SSG, SFCs with less than one year time in the grade as of 11 September 2017, and 2LT-1LT. All other exceptions will be submitted to the 59th OD BDE CDR for consideration and approval.
- Participants must meet height and weight standards outlined in AR 600-9, dated 28 June 2013.
Participants on a temporary profile are not eligible to compete. If a participant has a profile, it must be either a P-2 or P-3 profile to compete.
- Participants must not have received UCMJ punishment of have been under suspension of favorable action within the preceeding 12 months.
- Participants must have a completed and received a current TS-SCI security clearance. (SEE ERB).
- Participants must have passed the Army Combat Fitness Test within the last 90 days.
- Participants must have a current Combat Lifesaver qualification for the compeititon.
- Participants must possess a valid ILAV/Panther/MATV driver's endorsement and Accident Avoidance Course Completion Certificate prior to arrival at the competition.
Last updated 19-Nov-2021